Welcome!

This blog of mine: "Circus of Life" is a sharing of my observations, feelings,views and perspective of life, after having suddenly lost a young son. It began with this life changing moment and has been cathartic for me, ever since. If you happen to have stumbled by, I hope you find my journey of some relevance!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One month on...

Yesterday was one month,since Akhil moved on.Moved on?Is that right?

Mixed feelings of how the day went!

Memories of events that happened that day a month ago,thoughts of what he did before he left for work,the call he made to us that afternoon and what he may been through in those moments, filled us.

But, what was most satisfying for me, was that I was able to reach out to 8 of the 9 families who were in exactly our situation and bring them together for a memorial last evening at Carlton Towers.Not the easiest place to visit.The grief for all of us is neither less nor more.Some, are maybe a wee bit stronger and some need a hand.I am hoping I can continue to reach out to them and share their grief too!

The inter faith ceremony was touching.Brilliantly handled by my friends and the 'beyond carlton' group.A big thank you from all of us!The large numbers who turned up and also the support from various quarters is my hope!

Its also been a strange last two days, where I needed to face the media,I was unclear if I could manage that,but I felt I had no choice but to do it,if I wanted to propagate the 'Beyond Carlton' initiative. Not sure, how I performed though! Was worried I may lose my composure!

In the last month,we have had a lot of folks,telling me we were an inspiration in the way we were managing the situation,honestly, what's the choice we have? Become a recluse is an option, but what good does it serve?

Its also a month I realise since I began this blog, and I never realised there would be so many out there, whom I seemed to have touched.From Akhil's friends, to our friends, to priests, to folks in government, to media. I am glad I am saying something sensible!Akhil, thank you buddy, for letting me find a way to express myself.

Lastly, a bit of pride,the 'Beyond Carlton' initative is picking up pace like I never imagined a month ago.600 + members on FB and support from respected citizens,organisations,police,government.Nice feeling too at the end of one month!

So, a lots happened in 30 days,its a long journey ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Well said, Uday. Your composure and strength in this tough time is commendable and without your initiative I don't think Beyond Carlton would have come together in the form it did. May you and Nithya and all other bereaved families gather the strength to pick up the pieces and move on and continue to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to second Nitin's thoughts exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Uday & Nithya,

    Your write-up is truly a masterpiece Uday, striking the right balance between the head and the heart.

    All we can say is that the world needs more people like you - mature in your outlook, graceful in your dealings & empowering in your attitude. You are indeed the light for people travelling in the dark.

    It is said, "When God answers your prayers,you have faith in HIS abilities; when He doesn't, HE has faith in YOUR abilities.You both have proved Him right!!

    You are truly the voice, strength and hope for the families affected by the tragedy. May you be the beacon light and continue to touch, move, inspire and heal broken souls.

    Take care and God bless
    Kala Kudva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take heart from this story...

    http://www.vrrpspirituallearning.com/Newsletters/NL_dec09_01.pdf

    She has a book too in her name which i happened to see ystday in Crossword... its called THE LAWS OF THE SPIRIT WORLD..a book with no religious bias, simple and soothing. Will give you a lot of comfort.

    ReplyDelete