Welcome!

This blog of mine: "Circus of Life" is a sharing of my observations, feelings,views and perspective of life, after having suddenly lost a young son. It began with this life changing moment and has been cathartic for me, ever since. If you happen to have stumbled by, I hope you find my journey of some relevance!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beyond Carlton...gathering steam!

We approach the first month of this tragedy and I am sure like Nithya and me other families have had mixed emotions over these weeks.We both, maybe a little stronger than some,only because we may have taken a few more knocks in life.But, deep inside,it hurts!
I sometime wonder,where I am getting the strength to get 'Beyond Carlton' to happen!
I must say it is friends and family who are around,lending a hand and a shoulder.Like, this friend,who's not directly affected,but who is so passionate about the cause. She goads us,tells me whom to call,takes on roles selflessly and sometimes gets my 'auto pilot' mode to do things which I should be doing. She has come as God's gift to 'Beyond Carlton'.
Are there more of her around?
'Beyond Carlton' has been reaching some tiny milestones...the group is gathering momentum on Facebook and if you aren't there yet,do become a member.The huge support we are getting from various quarters is assuring, be it the police force,some respected NGO's and sports bodies.Stay tuned over the next few days, to know more on 'Beyond Carlton'
My thanks to all who are helping us reduce the pain,but I do believe my Akhil, would want me to embark on this long journey!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kamala aunty,Uday and Nithya,
    I feel a little lighter and a lot more at ease after talking to you all today.Its indeed remarkable that you all are picking up the pieces of your life and are now directing your energies to a noble cause in preventing such incidences from ever happening again.

    BEYOND CARLTON is indeed a beautiful concept.The large number of members on FB is proof enough.I will do my bit and take it up as my project when I do my 3rd level of Landmark education in mid May. This way we can have the back-up of the Landmark people with us.

    See you all on Tuesday.
    Take care & Regards
    Kala

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've read and heard you guys have gotten this initiative off to a great start! Will continue to do what we can on this end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Uncle & Aunty,

    I am so proud of you both for having gathered the pieces of life and moving ahead seeking justice.As said in my first coversation to you...its a long drawn battle. I still wonder how the parents of children who went to watch a movie at Uphaar would have come in terms with the sudden loss. This too leaves me numb to think how u guys have coped with the loss.After this incident i have realized that life is filled with surprises and my heart aches each time i think of you both. I share every bit with my little daughters and made them sensitive to giving whatever little possible to the society at the age of 10 & 6. My sincereity will remain in helping you through this and am glad i have found a new set of parents through you both...i have always yearned to have a bro & probably Akhil left an elder sister and daughter to take care of you. Please keep in touch for anything and always. My love to Arpita. Will call you soon.

    ReplyDelete