Welcome!

This blog of mine: "Circus of Life" is a sharing of my observations, feelings,views and perspective of life, after having suddenly lost a young son. It began with this life changing moment and has been cathartic for me, ever since. If you happen to have stumbled by, I hope you find my journey of some relevance!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beyond Carlton...3 weeks later

3weeks to date and things seem like yesterday.It is so unbelievable!
We still have to come to terms with it.Sometimes, we have to remind ourselves, that Akhil is not around for now and forever.At times in the day, it is tough, especially his daily post lunch call to both Nithya and me or late evening where we wait for him to come home for dinner. We are hoping we get the strength to move on...

I managed to reach out to 3 other families who also lost someone dear.It was so odd to sit together and try and pick information to piece together and frame a reason on what could have happened to each of our folks we lost.It is so sad we need to try and get the reasons from each other.Committees set up may take forever in India, as we know and we may never have all the answers.But,I guess there is comfort in hearing each other.

I also managed to reach some injured and the anger and pain is palpable.They too seem to believe in my thought, of wanting to get accountability and awareness for the future.This is a long haul but is there an option? Maybe to just let it pass?

With others support, we now have a common banner 'Beyond Carlton'.The response has been extremely encouraging.If you believe in fixing accountability for this tragedy and also in the long term want to create awareness and education to prevent another Carlton,do join the Face book group or express your feeling on twitter.

Hoping this is one way,I can turn our adversity into something more productive. Your thoughts???

Uday

No comments:

Post a Comment