Welcome!

This blog of mine: "Circus of Life" is a sharing of my observations, feelings,views and perspective of life, after having suddenly lost a young son. It began with this life changing moment and has been cathartic for me, ever since. If you happen to have stumbled by, I hope you find my journey of some relevance!

Monday, October 10, 2011

On your 25th birthday...

Akhil at his last holiday with us at Coorg


(I felt like writing to Akhil,on his birthday...)

Dear Akhil,
 I am writing this letter to you after Arpita asked us to send you a card on your 25th birthday! She wants us to just say 'Be happy wherever you are." She also comforts us by saying "All are happy in Heaven." I think she said it all and it couldn't have been more simple.

Just to let you know, we are doing fine and hope you are too...

For your Mom,since you went,she has been grappling with unanswered questions" What have we done for this to happen to us?" "Why did this happen to us?""Life has been so cruel to us!" I have no answers for these.She tries to live a normal life and I know she does this for Arpita's and my sake,but I know she hurts terribly inside.

Since you have gone,we have discovered many new things,like your friends,who are such lovely kids,whom we didn't know so much, when you were here.They take time to come over, every now and then and try and spend time with us.They seek my little advice on jobs,careers and I try and see if I can be of some relevance to them, as I would have been to you.Today, close to 10 of them, want to be with us over dinner.These little things make them so special! God be with them!

For me, you not being here, has changed everything...
I miss the trips we used to make, to check things out at stores and the quiet lunches we would go out for. I am now doing things, I never imagined I would be involved with, like promoting fire safety. This has given me the opportunity to meet so many varied people- from school kids, to corporates,to lawyers,to politicians, to well known citizens,to media.This sense of doing for others,has given me a lot of satisfaction and as your Mom says,you have been the driving force!
Incidentally,some don't understand my passion and missionary zeal!

Today,you  have turned 25, a milestone in many ways,we so wish you were with us, we do know you are around.

Happy birthday and as Arpita says, we are sure you are happy wherever you are!

God Bless and take care,

Miss you,

Dad

4 comments:

  1. :)

    Remembering him too: http://bit.ly/ngoItY

    My wishes to all at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Uday, Nithya, Kamala aunty & dear, dear Arpitha,

    Special rememberances of you all on Akhil's birthday.
    Just thought of sharing this verse that says it all.
    "Goodbyes are not forever,
    Goodbyes do not mean the end;
    It just means, we will all miss you,
    Until we meet again."

    God bless you all & especially Akhil's friends.
    Kala Kudva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to live a meaningful life for three days than live a meaningless life for a Hundred years
    my silence in your grief
    viji(Vijdom)

    ReplyDelete