23rd Feb.10, changed our world.Our little son Akhil, was consumed at The Carlton Towers Bangalore,tragedy.
Its 4am on 25th Feb.and I felt I should share what I remember of Akhil, a son who is no longer there for me and Nithya but will not be erased from our lives and memory in our lifetime.
- A baby whom I used to rock to sleep
- Dropping him on his first day at pre school and the teacher called Nithya to say,she didn't know whether to attend to the dad or son who both wept to go to school.
- His passing out of Frank Anthony school and me telling him later that maybe I should have put him in a better school.
- His joining NJC for his pre university and his principal calling me to say he was a tough kid to handle,and Akhil telling me,he knew more than his computer teacher did
- His passing out of Christ and his pride in his college.He told me he felt a good college made a huge difference to his friends and his opportunities.
- His stint with Kotak and his later confession that it taught him so much in sales-targets,talking to clients and convincing them
- His days at Chesapeake and his ambition to drive the place to a different pace.
- His calls after lunch every day and his line ..'Hmmm, what's up?"
- His telling me on 23rd Feb morning, that he thought I needed to improve the layout my first blog from my company and I did.
- Dad don't worry, I'll get you that BMW
- Dad that's where our car lot needs to be, for our Lamborghini and Ferrari's,as we embarked on our small construction for our house recently.
- Why,Dad, can't I think big, when I chided him to have his feet on the ground.