Welcome!

This blog of mine: "Circus of Life" is a sharing of my observations, feelings,views and perspective of life, after having suddenly lost a young son. It began with this life changing moment and has been cathartic for me, ever since. If you happen to have stumbled by, I hope you find my journey of some relevance!

Friday, July 29, 2011

An Ode to my Dad and Akhil

Here is something I spotted that I thought was very apt:

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die."
---Mary Elizabeth Frye.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Uday, you will find their presence all around you,every step of the way.They don't die, they just live on in our hearts forever and continue to give us joy. Their memories will always remain evergreen and everlasting and remember one thing- they will always, always want to see you happy NO MATTER WHAT. So common cheer up and SMILE:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kala,thank you for always being supportive! Yup, my chin is up!

    ReplyDelete